Reports to Colleen Schrantz, Principal
Start Date: August 12, 2022
He/she is responsible for teaching Mandarin for the 2022-2023 school year.
- To work with the administration in implementing the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to:
- A personal and active faith in God
- A deep respect for intellectual values
- A social awareness that impels to action
- The building of community as a Christian value
- Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
- Develop curricula and plan instructional lessons for all levels of Mandarin in collaboration with the World Language Department
- To assist in the development of curriculum standards and mapping across the school
- Develop common assessments, both formative and summative, that measure progress toward the academic standards
- Ensure that students master grade-level standards
- Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students
- Incorporate a variety of instructional strategies aimed at keeping classes focused from bell to bell and infusing a lasting desire to learn
- To participate in school activities, faculty and department meetings, in-service programs, parent-teacher conferences and other extra-curricular activities, as requested or approved
- To implement school-wide policies, inside and outside the classroom, consistently with all students
- To actively pursue one’s own professional development
- To integrate technology effectively into the curriculum
- To be a flexible and cooperative member of the World Language Department, willing to collaborate on departmental goals.
- To be in school by 7:40 a.m. and remain until 3:55 p.m. unless special arrangements for different departure and/or arrival times are amended, with written permission, from the Principal. It is the responsibility of all faculty, however, to make her/himself available for any meetings, staffings, or other required school-related activities that fall before or after the designated school hours. Please note that these school-related activities always take precedence over privately arranged appointments.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
● Bachelor’s degree
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
● Background suitable for teaching all levels of Mandarin courses
● Understanding of educational theory and practice
● Teaching experience (Preferred)
Please email your cover letter, resume, and two current letters of recommendation to email@example.com
Josephinum Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, legal status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.