Reports to Mary Rose Guerin, Principal
Start Date: July 1st, 2018
Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart is a college-preparatory high school and a proud member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools. Our mission is to offer a world-class approach to academic excellence combined with holistic, moral, and spiritual development in a college-preparatory environment at an affordable price to all girls in the heart of Chicago. As Chicago's first all-girls high school to offer a wall-to-wall International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, Josephinum is excited to extend the opportunity for this life changing program to inspiring young women.
The IB program, combined with Josephinum’s diverse community and international relationships through the Sacred Heart Network, provide our students with a unique and powerful opportunity to develop a global perspective and hone the skills that are demanded by our rapidly changing world.
As a Sacred Heart School, Josephinum measures its success one student at a time, and seeks to provide an education that meets the needs of the whole child. Our small class sizes and exceptional faculty focus on understanding the unique educational needs of each student, helping her to discover her unique gifts and fostering a passion for excellence in education, service, and faith.
Josephinum Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced educational leader to be our Assistant Principal. The Assistant Principal reports directly to the Principal and serves as a member of the Principal’s Leadership Team. His/Her primary task is to guide the formation of each young woman as she enters high school, is educated to reach her highest academic potential, empowered to discover her unique place in the world, and inspired to become a confident, faith-filled leader. The Assistant Principal shares the responsibility of the educational leadership of the Academy with the Principal, by initiating long-range planning in the areas of curriculum development, academic innovation, student life and leadership, behavior management, and program evaluation.
The ideal candidate has significant experience serving a diverse student body, a record of excellent teaching, strong interpersonal skills, and keen attention to detail. S/he holds an advanced degree in and demonstrates expertise in educational leadership. S/he has a deep understanding of school organizations, possesses strong skills of communication and creativity, and is committed to giving life to the school’s mission.
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Masters degree strongly preferred
● Teaching experience at the middle or high school level
● A minimum of 3 years of school leadership experience
● Experience working with diverse student populations
● Experience with restorative behavior management practices
● Experience in an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is preferred
Skills and Attributes
● Belief in, and alignment with, Josephinum Academy’s mission and the charism of Sacred Heart education.
● A track record of collaboration, facilitation, team-building, and results.
● Excellent creative problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Patience and excellent listening skills.
● Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred
Please email the following to email@example.com by Monday, April 30, 2018.
● Cover letter
● Two current letters of recommendation
Interested in volunteering at Josephinum? Click here!
Josephinum Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.