The Josephinum Junior Board is a group of young adults committed to supporting Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart and its students through volunteering, fundraising and marketing. A younger generation developing into the future leaders of Josephinum’s Board of Directors and active friends of Josephinum.
The Josephinum Junior Board was founded in 2014, created to support the Board of Directors and school. The goal of the Junior Board is to enable young professionals to support Josephinum’s students, faculty, staff and mission.
Why join the Josephinum Junior Board?
Support: Help empower young women to become confident, faith-filled leaders
Network: Connect with active group of like-minded young Chicagoans
Grow: Build relationships with companies and community organizations
Have fun: Attend fundraising events and build relationships with other Friends of the Jo
Who is on the Junior Board?
The Josephinum Junior Board is made up of more than 25 young professionals (ages 22+) from the Chicagoland area. The Junior Board includes members from a diverse array of industries, including: marketing, education, finance, sales, and law.
What We Do (Ways to Get Involved)
To be a member of the Josephinum Junior Board, you are required to:
- Attend at least two general Junior Board meetings
- Attend at least two volunteer events
- Attend at least two social events (internal or fundraising)
- RSVP to Google Calendar invitations
- Invite others to attend any social/volunteer event or meeting to learn more about the Jo
- Meet “Give or Get” monetary commitment
If you do not feel you can commit to the stated requirements, we warmly invite you to be a “friend of the Jo” to receive email updates and attend events when you are able.
Monetary Commitment - “Give or Get”
We ask that all JB members “give or get” $100 each school year.
In order to “give or get” you have the following options:
- Donate from your own pocket or solicit your friends, family or company for donations.
- Donate online by visiting our website and under “Please direct my gift to” select “Junior Board Contributions.”
- Ask others for donations that count toward your “give or get” by directing them to our website, selecting “Junior Board Contributions,” and typing your name in the “Who should we notify of this gift” field.
Please do your best to meet your “give or get” responsibility by November 1 each year.
2017-2018 Junior Board Leadership
Emily Mohr | President
Kate Neuhaus | Vice President
Jeff Ropiequet | Treasurer
Sima Vasquez | Service Coordinator
Sara Ivory | Leadership Conference Chair
Quinn Guerin | Prom Chair
Member Engagement Chair
Fall Social Chair
Internal Social Ambassador
If you or someone you know may be interested in joining the Junior Board, please contact Emily Mohr.