Coronavirus Information from Josephinum
We are writing to provide the latest update regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). In accordance with the state-wide school closure mandate, Josephinum will continue teaching via our digital learning model through the end of the 2019-20 school year.
Hear Principal Schrantz's message to the school community HERE.
Following guidance from the IDPH, CPH, and Office of Catholic Schools, our school building will be closed through the end of the school year. All remaining Josephinum events including athletic sports, practices, field trips, etc. are postponed until further notice. Updates will be provided for important Senior events including Prom and Graduation. as soon as they are available.
It is critical for students and families to understand that classes are not canceled. We have moved to a digital learning model as of Monday, March 16th. ALL STUDENT ACCESS WILL BE THROUGH SCHOOLOGY. Specific information about digital learning is provided in the Digital Learning at the Jo document and on the Digital Learning web page. .
Please contact our Principal, Colleen Schrantz, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
News and Updates
Student Locker Clean-Out Information - May 13, 2020
Commencement Announcement - Important information for the Class of 2020 - April 27, 2020
Athletic Director Letter - IHSA cancelation of spring athletics season - April 22, 2020
Principal's Letter - School Updates - School closure extended through end of the year. Digital Learning will continue - April 17, 2020
Principal's Letter - School Updates - Adjusted class schedule, Flexible Grading and Big Shoulders meal program - April 14, 2020
Family Newsletter - April 2020 - Building closure extension, rescheduled Prom date and more - April 1, 2020
Principal's Letter - School Updates - Parent-Teacher Conferences, IB Testing and Senior Class Events - March 23, 2020
President's Letter (English) - Building Closure Expansion - March 20, 2020
President's Letter (Spanish) - Building Closure Expansion - March 20, 2020
PLEASE READ - Digital Learning at the Jo! - March 13, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #4 - School Closing notice - March 13, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #3 - March 12, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #2 - March 11, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #1 - March 2, 2020
As stated by the CDC, preventing and mitigating an outbreak is the most important strategy. We all have a responsibility to adhere to the following preventive measures and we ask that you review them with your family at home:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick (and do not return to school until you are fever-free for 24 hours without medication).
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.