Coronavirus Information from Josephinum
We are writing to provide the latest update regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). At this time, we have decided to move to a digital learning model beginning Monday, March 16 though a newly revised end date of Monday April 20, 2020.
Following guidance from the IDPH, CPH, and Office of Catholic Schools, our school building will be closed during the duration of our digital learning period. We expect to re-open the building after spring break on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. All Josephinum events including athletic sports, practices, field trips, parent/teacher conferences, etc. are postponed until further notice.
It is critical for students and families to understand that classes are not canceled. We have moved to a digital learning model as of Monday, March 16th. ALL STUDENT ACCESS WILL BE THROUGH SCHOOLOGY. Specific information about digital learning is provided in the Digital Learning at the Jo document below.
Note that there will be no digital classes on March 27th, April 3rd, and during Spring Break, April 6 - 13th. At this time, in-person classes are scheduled to resume at Josephinum Academy on Tuesday, April 21st.
Please contact our Principal, Colleen Schrantz, at colleen.schrantz with any questions or concerns.
News and Updates
Principal's Letter - School Updates - Parent-Teacher Conferences, IB Testing and Senior Class Events - March 23, 2020
President's Letter (English) - Building Closure Expansion - March 20, 2020
President's Letter (Spanish) - Building Closure Expansion - March 20, 2020
PLEASE READ - Digital Learning at the Jo! - March 13, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #4 - School Closing notice - March 13, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #3 - March 12, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #2 - March 11, 2020
Health Update/Coronavirus #1 - March 2, 2020
As stated by the CDC, preventing and mitigating an outbreak is the most important strategy. We all have a responsibility to adhere to the following preventive measures and we ask that you review them with your family at home:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick (and do not return to school until you are fever-free for 24 hours without medication).
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.